The village is located to the southeast of Zdar nad Sazavou, to the southwest of Bystrice nad Perstejnem. The village has been mentioned in 1374 for the first time. In 1385 reports talk about a citadel with a courtyard. Before the year of 1630, a two-storied Renaissance chateau rose here. After the fire in 1825 it was renewed in Classical style. Nowadays, it is a children sanatorium. Today’s church of St. Kriz used to serve as the chateau chapel till 1724. But local beautiful alleys around access roads belong surely to Moravec as well.